Last modified: October 23, 2018
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you when you provided it to us directly or through automatic information technologies.
Information You Provide to Us Directly.
We collect several types of information directly from you, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of posting comments, or subscribing to marketing materials as well as records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Automatic Information Collection Technologies.
We use automatic data collection technologies to collect and store information about your equipment, browsing actions, details of your visits to our Website and information about your computer and internet connection such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type. Collection of this type of information helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to, among other things:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we and our service providers use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information Collected by Third Parties.
Some (but not all) of our third-party partners are identified below:
- Google. We use Google’s products for the purpose of collecting information about traffic to our Website and how users use our Website. To learn more about how these products collect and process data and the choices Google may offer to control these activities, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Quantcast. We use Quantcast products for the purpose of purpose of collecting information about traffic to our Website and how users use our Website. To learn more about how Quantcast products collect and process data and choice Quantcast may offer to control these activities, visit https://www.quantcast.com/privacy.
Please Note: We do not control third party tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about any of our third-party partners, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Links to Third Party Websites and Social Media Widgets
This Website and some of our electronic communications to you may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Links to third parties from this Website are not an endorsement by us. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle information they may collect from or about you.
This Website may also include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and the page you are visiting on this Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features and the information from or about you collected by them are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information you request from us, such as our newsletter.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To communicate with you about our own and third parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
- To understand the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To third-party advertising companies, which may collect information about you and your online activities on our Website over time and across third-party websites and applications. These companies use the information they collect to help advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, those who visit our Website, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Opt Out of Online Behavioral Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. For information about opt out programs that third-party advertising companies participate in, and to opt out of the use of website browsing data for interest-based advertising by companies that participate in these programs, you can visit www.youradchoices.com to learn more. You can also visit the DAA Consumer Choice Page at http://youradchoices.com and download AppChoices free of charge to enable desktop data collection control. Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above, we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes and you may continue to receive ads but those ads will be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
Promotional Offers from the Company and Third Parties. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If there are any changes or updates to your account information, or if you would like to delete your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note: certain federal and state regulations require that we maintain a record of your information for certain periods of time. Due to these regulations, we may be unable to completely delete your information from our database until the time requirements of these regulations have expired.
Visiting this Website from Outside the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Brick Underground, LLC; 349 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. We currently do not recognize browser Do Not Track Signals. Please use the following link to learn more about DNT: http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Brick Underground, LLC
510 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York NY 10036